Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:22:02 -0800
From:         Jeffrey Vickers <jeff@VICKERSDESIGN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Staying warm

I drove across country in 1978 in a '59 bus that had a wood stove. Not only a wood stove but a raised roof section made out of wood - complete with cedar shingles on the sides and roofing shingles on the roof. Looked like the top half of an old-timey outhouse. Stove pipe stuck out above the roof about a foot and would heat the inside of the bus to 120F in about 30 seconds after starting the fire. Rolling down the road with smoke coming out the chimney... priceless.

Fireplace in the Syncro?

Jeff