Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:24:26 -0500
From:         Jay Brown <badkarma@TTLC.NET>
Subject:      Re: GBC 10A Fuse?
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@attglobal.net>

Hi David,

I guess I should have said "like the type of fuse" used in the 80-85 Vanagon. There are certainly no 10A GBC style fuses to be found in the stock 80-85 Vanagon.

I am trying to find the 10A version of this fuse so I can include two with the headlight relay kits that I have been selling on thesamba.com for the past year or so. As it stands now most installers are installing a 16A fuse when upgrading to higher wattage bulbs. I know people have been using the 16A replacement for years, and there haven't been any reports of problems stemming from using them that I have seen, it's just that I know that the 10A fuse will be safer and will be more likely to do its job before there is any chance of damage to the wires or connectors downstream. I have been running the 10A version in my '85 Westy with good results for more than a year now.

I have found a couple sources in Italy and England (where they appear to be called "BNA Continental Fuses") that seem to produce and sell the 10A fuse, I am still waiting to hear back from them regarding availability here in the US. I will also follow up on your lead as well.

Thank you, Jay