Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Jan 2010 20:27:33 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Was Motor Oil (Synthetic), now Ail Filters
Comments: To: Allan Streib <streib@CS.INDIANA.EDU>

I believe all cars back in the day (fifties and thereabouts) had quite short recommended change intervals, compared to even the seventies (sixties is really when I developed my 3000 mile change interval commitment). I remember seeing a can of Amalie oil (I think it was a local brand in Texas and the SW), the old round, metal quart can that you had to punch with an opener and pour with a spout (opener and spout came as one device), in a collectible shop. The label included the phrase, "The Thousand Mile Oil."

DMc