Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Jan 2010 19:21:25 -0800
From:         "Danny C." <bruiserbabie@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: 1.9 engine HELP!!!
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>

So I have try-ed a few things. I changed the throttle body to one I know is good, I changed the air flow meter again, I changed the throttle position switch's, I changed the ECU (computer), I changed the little green idle stabilizer box, I took the intake boot off and checked it for cracks even tho its new and no cracks, the motor was just rebuilt 6000 miles ago and all the vacuum line and all other rubber hose's are new. the engine is so clean you could eat off of it. This is killing me. It seems to be getting worse, I guess thats a good thing being I will probably take it to the shop Monday If I cant figure it out this weekend. Anyone have any other ideas? It feels like an old VW bug I had with duel carbs that were way out of sync. Thats the only way to describe it, like there is a major flat spot when you take off, once you rev it up it goes good, tell the next time you stop or let off the throttle. Thanks

Danny C. '84 Westy (Vanny) '90 Jeep Cherokee 4x4