Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 Jan 2010 05:30:08 -0600
From:         Max Wellhouse <dimwittedmoose@CFU.NET>
Subject:      Re: Inoperative front blower issue.
Comments: To: B Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>

If any of you folks out there don't want to hassle with the new blower motor, the rear AC blowers are identical to the front blower motor with the exception of the plastic electrical connector, which isn't hard to get around. I have a couple of them laying around, but will keep one for my van, as it's singing it's death tune like so many before it. You gotta figure that the rear AC motors have many dozens of fewer hours on them than the front one, at least for the northern vehicles. Good luck in any case.

DM&FS

At 05:51 PM 1/16/2010, B Feddish wrote: >The exact same thing happened to me last week. My front blower has been >warning me with squeals for about 4 years now so I have no excuse for not >having replaced it except for that dash removal job. I was driving to work >and tons of smoke came out of defrost vents. Scared the crap out of me. Of >course it was the coldest day of the year and it was 6 AM so I'm driving >down the road with the windows open (due to the smell) and no front heat. >Bring back memories of the '65 beetle. > >In any event, I contacted Chris about a blower fan and he says there are new >ones available and I did not know that so I will go that route once I >decipher what I need from the BD website which is a little confusing when >you type in "front heater" for a search term. > >If someone wants to point me in the direction of any write-ups for removing >the dash I would appreciate it. A video would be better. If no video is >available I may have to do another one of my famous "how not to" videos for >YouTube. > >Thanks, >Bryan