Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Jan 2010 07:38:12 -0500
From:         Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      roadtrip

Hello,

I see my husband has sent an email about my need for a road trip this summer. We have gone to the badlands, black hills/mt rushmore in SD. This year it will be Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, and Glacier National Park. Also plan to see Devils Tower since we just did not have time when we were in SD last time. Spring break we will go to the outer banks of NC and explore that region. As a child I explored with my family via van although it was a ford van and not a vw but it was something I always new I wanted to do and I don't want to wait until we are retired to do it. In fact as a child I wanted to be a truck driver so I could just ride around the US and see it all. The kids will have a great time and it is such a great thing to do as a family. It will be a long trip and at times exhausting but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Jonce just needs to finish the little things he wants to do on the bus before we go and then just get excited. I loved the idea about having the kids research the area before we leave so they can get excited. My eldest dtr who is now 10 and I watched a documentary on Yellowstone. She is geared up and ready to see it. Can't wait.

Am looking for ideas for spring break 2011 of where to go. One week of travelling is all the time we have leaving from SE Michigan.

Dixie Fancher