Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:08:59 -0500
From:         B Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Bus Depot Order Status Update
Comments: To: sales@busdepot.com

What's the story here. The original email says:

This thread is perfectly timed, as I happen to have just bought a factory closeout on upgraded headlights! These are the round Bosch E-code H4 headlights (part # 0 301 600 118) that are widely accalimed among Bus and Vanagon owners. (Richard Atwell has a great writeup on them on ratwell.com.) If you have an 80-85 Vanagon and are still using sealed-beam headlights, this is the best $40 you will ever spend on your Vanagon, and they are a drop-in replacement for your stock sealed-beams. If you have an '86-91, you'd have to either switch to an earlier grill, or get the South African 4-headlight grill kit (see below). I have these coming in about a week. They usually run $90-$100 a pair. I'm offering a List Member Only pre-order price of $39.95 a PAIR (not each!) if you order them now for shipment in a week. They will come up at $44.95, but to get the lower price put LIST H4 DEAL in the "comments" section of the checkout page when ordering. The website will not reflect the additional discount but we will deduct it when we actually charge your order. I'll hold this price until January 22, then it's $44.95 (which is still half price). Order at < <http://busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=0301600118> http://busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=0301600118> These don't come with bulbs, but I got a deal on those too - $3.95 each for German 60/55w bulbs. Order them here: <http://busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=78155> http://busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=78155 I will also be including these Bosch H4's with the South African grill kits. While everyone else is selling these kits for $379 without any outer lights at all, I am now offering them with the aforementioned Bosch H4's for just $20 more - $399.95. This gets you the grill, chrome emblem, genuine VW/Hella inner lights, the Bosch H4 outer lights, and bulbs. See <http://busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=1495> http://busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=1495 - Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. <http://www.busdepot.com> www.busdepot.com

My invoice us for the full $89.

Thanks, Byran

_____

From: Bus Depot Order Status [mailto:sales@busdepot.com] Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 2:05 PM To: bfeddish@netreach.net Subject: Bus Depot Order Status Update

Thank you for your Bus Depot order. All or part of your order has now shipped. Unless you ordered via Expedited shipping, it may take anywhere from a day to a week for your items to reach you now that they have shipped (longer if you are outside of the U.S.), depending on your location and the originating warehouse. Expedited orders may arrive as soon as one day after order placement, depending on the shipping method that you chose.

Attached is a copy of your invoice reflecting its most recent status. You can view it using Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have Acrobat, you can download a free pdf reader at http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php . The following explains how to identify the shipping status of the items on your invoice:

SHIPPED ITEMS: Items that have shipped are identified by a quantity in the "shipped" column of the invoice. If the item shipped from our warehouse, you will generally receive a separate email from UPS, FedEx, or the U.S. Postal Service containing the tracking number.

DROPSHIPPED ITEMS: Items that have a quantity in the Shipped column, but have the word Dropship below the item, have been shipped to you separately from one or more different warehouses (or, if made-to-order, have been scheduled for production and will ship automatically when completed). Tracking numbers are not automatically emailed for dropshipped items, but can be provided upon request if the package does not arrive on a timely basis.

ITEMS TO BE DROPSHIPPED: Items that have a quantity in the Backordered column, but have the word Dropship below the item, are about to be dropshipped (see above). Usually this will occur within about a day, if not the same day. When the dropship order has been released to the shipping warehouse, we'll email you an updated copy of your invoice reflecting this.

BACKORDERED ITEMS: Items that have a quantity in the Backordered column, and do NOT have the word Dropship below the item, are currently out of stock but we expect to receive more. They will ship automatically when we receive them from the manufacturer. Backorders typically last a week or two, but in some cases may ship sooner or take much longer, depending on how quickly the manufacturer can supply the product. While the subtotal on your invoice may include the value of the backordered items, you were not actually charged for them. You will not be charged for them until they ship, and we will absorb the additional cost of shipping them separately. If you would like to check on the expected delivery time of a backordered item (to the best of our knowledge), or wish to cancel the item, please email us.

DELETED ITEMS: Items that have a quantity in the "deleted" column on the invoice have been deleted from your order, either because you chose the "delete out of stock items" option when placing your order, or because of current unavailability. Generally we delete out-of-stock items if they are very inexpensive (so shipping them separately would approach the value of the item), if the order is shipping overseas, if they are discontinued, or if we expect a long backorder. Please feel free to email us if you'd like details on the availability of these items. While the subtotal on your invoice may reflect the value of the deleted items, you were not actually charged for them.

If an item on your order was backordered or deleted, we apologize for the inconvenience that it may cause. We realize how frustrating it can be, and feel the same way ourselves. Unfortunately, since we are at the mercy of the manufacturers, sometimes it cannot be avoided despite our best efforts.

Detailed information on our shipping, return, and other policies can be found online at http://www.busdepot.com/help.jsp .

We really appreciate your business, and thank you for choosing the Bus Depot. Please feel free to email us at sales@busdepot.com if we can be of further assistance regarding this or any future Bus Depot order.

Thank you, The Bus Depot

Website: www.busdepot.com <http://www.busdepot.com/> Email: sales@busdepot.com Phone (weekdays, 11-7 E.S.T.): 1-215-234-VWVW (8989)

We can be reached via email or by telephone at 215-234-1800 Monday-Friday 11am-7pm EST.

Thank you! Debi Harwick Bus Depot, Inc.