Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:13:11 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: FS '88 westy with only 36k original miles
Comments: To: jordanvw@aol.com

Chris, as I pointed out to the first person who made the claim that the new junky plastic wheel covers on my camper when I bought it were the originals, the old, chrome, moon caps were in my van and had been heavily used. The seller had put on the plastic crap because he thought it would be more attractive to buyers. I asked him if he had the originals, and he showed me the moon caps in a cabinet.

Not everyone who thinks he knows something does (me included of course), but the plastic junk that was on the wheels when I bought the camper had been put there by the guy who sold it to me, to replace the moon caps that came on the van. How many times do I have to say it?

BTW, the instructions in the manual show how to use the same puller to remove both the plastic and the chrome covers.

Good grief! David