Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Jan 2010 05:01:52 -0800
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: VuhVanagon.com in Pulaski Va. off the hook (163 vanagons on
              the lot)
Comments: To: Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>

Keep in mind that this place DOES NOT appear to operate as a junkyard.  I was there and nothing indicates that any piece has ever been removed from any of the machines in view.  He may take one into the shed and "deconstruct" on occasion and then sell the resulting parts and whether he is operating legally as a car business or taxwise I have no way of knowing, but it's not a junkyard in the traditional sense.

I suspect he's primarily fighting the "eyesore" posse looking to shut him down by whatever means and they may have a legitimate gripe but I'd advise the town to instead promote the tourist value of the place by enticing any VW-type heading by on I-81 to visit the Vanagon Shrine in scenic uptown Pulaski.  "Have your picture taken with a herd of Wolfsburg Editions!" I'd stop again.  Heck, I'd buy the bumper sticker, the snow globe, lunch at the diner, the yellow-and-white sunroof van in the center of the lot...

Stephen