Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Jan 2010 15:44:24 -0800
From:         Erik Lundberg <ealundberg74@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: How do you tell how much juice a battery has/?
Comments: To: Mike <mbucchino@charter.net>

Obviously if the battery reads 12.8 and the engine won't turn over/ or the interior lights dim after a few minutes you've got a dead battery. I think the average shade-tree mechanic can solve that conundrum. Still doesn't answer the original question though - is there an instrument that can be wired into the van that will give some indication of the battery's effectiveness?

Is there some way to load test the battery in place with some accuracy, or does it require removal and proper testing by a licensed technician?

Erik