Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Jan 2010 23:45:08 -0500
From:         Paul Guzyk <paullist08@GUZYK.COM>
Subject:      Re: How do you tell how much juice a battery has/?

This is an adequate HF load testing unit for testing strength of "starter" batteries.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=90636

Also useful for spot checking your camping battery. I got mine on sale for between $15-$20 if I remember correctly.

Testing your start battery with a voltmeter at rest without a load doesn't tell you too much...a "dead" battery could still read close to 12V.

You should at least measure voltage when cranking or headlights and blowers on etc ...

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Alan Felder <dieseldoofus@GMAIL.COM> Reply-To: Alan Felder <dieseldoofus@GMAIL.COM> Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:53:15 -0600