Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Jan 2010 07:56:54 -0500
From:         Joy Hecht <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU>
Subject:      Re: propex heater problems
Comments: To: karl@westyventures.com

Hi all,

Thanks for all the suggestions regarding my heater. I'm copying Karl directly this time - Karl, are you there somewhere? Are you no longer on the vanagon list?

I've followed the instructions people suggested - turning it on with the thermostat dial on the lowest setting, waiting, etc. The fan stays on for about ten seconds, then turns off. The red and green lights (not yellow - I'm sort of color-blind, thought it was yellow) stay on. The red light does not flash. I assume it would do that reasonably soon after the fan goes off, say within a minute? No flashes. Just two little lights glowing at me.

I have one propane tank, not two. I do have propane, I've been cooking with it before & after trying the heater.

I do have the blue heater.

It is possible that my auxiliary battery isn't super charged, as I haven't driven in a few days (and I had started to wonder if it was dying of old age and I might need to replace it). But other things that use the aux battery are working fine - lights, radio, etc.

The heater used to work. I haven't tried it in a long time. I did try it last winter sometime, and it didn't work, but I don't know if I had any propane at the time.

If this were a pressure regulator problem, where would I find that pressure regulator?

Thanks for any additional advice anyone can offer!

Joy