Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 28 Jan 2010 19:53:25 -0800
From:         Jim Arnott <jrasite@EONI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Westfalia gone bankrupt

From: http://www.zeit.de/newsticker/2010/1/28/iptc-bdt-20100127-475-23692066xml

Good chances for Westfalia Rescue

Rheda-Wiedenbrück (AP) - The liquidator of the Westfalia camper manufacturer sees good prospects for a reorganization of the company.

The production was well organized, the products are high quality, "said Rainer Eckert on Thursday in Rheda-Wiedenbrück.

"But there are surpluses in the administration." The insolvency will

ensure the continued operation by the end of March. "Until then, should be fixed, is running in the direction of development." The company had made the day before the district court of Bielefeld insolvency.

Reason is the 2009 dramatic deterioration in market development, told

the Westfalia Van Conversion. The slump in motor homes have achieved over the past year, on balance, around 40 percent, it said. In addition, distinguished himself again this year, no fundamental improvement from the market. First, stand up an inventory on the program, "said liquidator Eckert. "The backlog of orders is very orderly." Currently is busy but only the one shift in production. This

paragraph is not sufficient for long-term survival of the company.

Westfalia offer attractive, high-quality but expensive products in accordance with it, "said Eckert. In difficult economic times, consumers would initially save in the leisure sector. Top products from Westfalia cost up to 100000 euros. "The ideal solution would be a

strategic investor." Currently, the traditional company has approximately 170 employees. The turnover in 2008 was around 40 million euros. The company belongs to the Munich-based industrial holding Aurelius AG.

Google translate is SOOOOOO cool.

And pictures!

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmotorzeitung.de%2F6591%2Fnews%2Fwestfalia-ist-insolvent%2F&sl=de&tl=en

Jim