Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Feb 2010 10:47:21 -0500
From:         Allan Streib <streib@CS.INDIANA.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Hijack: Rust-Oleum Roll-on project was Re: Paint in PDX Great
              Deal!!!
Comments: To: Bobby Brown <bobbybrown1@GMAIL.COM>

Rustoleum "Sunrise Red" is identical to VW "Tornado Red" at least to my eye.

Allan

On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 08:34 -0500, "Bobby Brown" <bobbybrown1@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > All, > > I have searched and thought and got quotes and I just couldn't pay $2- > 3K for a good paint job. My pops instilled into me a philosophy about > not paying someone else to do something you can do yourself. > > So, I rented a 20x25 storage unit. > > I have stripped the interior and put Peel-n-Seal on the floor, > interior walls and doors. I am fixing rust, taking out windows for > rust repair and fixing dents. Only power tool is my cordless drill. > > Then I will sand and do the $50 Rust-Oleum roll on paint job. I came > to the conclusion that you either do it yourself for as little money > as possible with really good prep work (where alot of the money is) or > pay the big bucks. I decided that trying to be happy with a $500 job > would just make me mad and not get my rust fixed properly. > > Will report back on the outcome with pics. > > Google Rust-Oleum $50 car paint and you'll find lots of hits, > especially in the UK. I will not be able to paint it back to the exact > original color, nor a correct VW color, but my van is not a syncro or > a westy or anything really special, so that doesn't matter to me. > > Bob > >