Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 Feb 2010 18:11:53 -0700
From:         miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Converting Vanagon to Audi 15" Rims
Comments: To: Matthew Thyer <matt_thyer@hotmail.com>

Steve, take your question to The Samba 'what wheels fit?' sticky in the forums : http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=203519 Basically, just post your question there and you will get an answer, more than likely from Loogy. He's the resident wheel expert. I've done business with him and I recommend him. He really knows his stuff, plus he usually has what people need at very reasonable prices. Good luck, Miguel

'In heaven all the interesting people are missing.' - Friedrich Nietzsche

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Matthew Thyer <matt_thyer@hotmail.com> wrote: > When I was getting Zeno up on the tow truck bed this morning I noticed that there's not much space between the front wheel armiture and the tires.  I know I've got non-factory rims, wondering now if the PO didn't address this issue and I might need to invest in some spacers or new rims.  Wondering if I'd be happier with stamped 15" steel wheels than what's on there now? > > > > http://tinyurl.com/y96ebxx <-- What I've got today, new tires > > http://tinyurl.com/y8l4ne2 <-- What I'm considering > > > -- > Matt Thyer > http://zenoswagen.wordpress.com/ > > > >> Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 20:10:10 +0000 >> From: christensen12@COMCAST.NET >> Subject: Re: Converting Vanagon to Audi 15" Rims >> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >> >> Got my spacers on ebay 25$ >> ----- Original Message ----- >> From: "BenT Syncro" <syncro@GMAIL.COM> >> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >> Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2010 2:13:09 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern >> Subject: Re: Converting Vanagon to Audi 15" Rims >> >> Steve, >> >> Do an archive search and you will find a wealth of information on the >> subject. Not all Audi rims are created equal. Offsets are all over the >> place though many are ET45. You need to specify which Vanagon you plan >> on putting them on as 2wd are less forgiving when it comes to offset >> (spacers needed probably). Centerbore is 57mm on Audi vs. Vanagon >> which needs about 66.7mm. >> >> Anyway, been hashed out here a whole bunch of times. >> >> >> BenT >> Sent from my mobile device >> >> On Feb 4, 2010, at 10:40 AM, zzyzx <zzyzx9@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >> >> > Does anyone have comments on converting Vanagon to Audi 15" rims >> > (5x112)? >> > Are spacers necessary, if so where to find them? >> > >> > Steve >