Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Feb 2010 19:23:56 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel Injectors
Comments: To: pdooley <psdooley@VERIZON.NET>

they show the 0280150206 fuel injector , they say it's for an 84 Vanagon at $ 130.

about what I would expect for a brand new bosch injector. I think rebuilt injectors are always an iffy proposition. kinda a gamble. Not a guarantee at all that you will get 4 good ones out of a set of 4. It would even be good to spray pattern test new rebuilt ones before installing them perhaps.

we should check injector spray pattern on our injectors more than we do me thinks. the times I have , like when I had a problem and it was the injectors themselves.. a lot of them are running with poor spray patterns.

and ..most beautifully, it's super easy to do on a waterboxer engine. One Screw ! ..on screw and the injectors one each side are honing out where you can watch them spray. the 'handy way' to check their spray pattern is to plug in your spare back up distributor, and turn it with your fingers, to fire the injectors. No need to crank the engine on the starter.

also, if testing just one side at a time, be sure to unplug the injectors on the other side - you don't want to be injecting fuel into a cylinder that's not running, or doesn't have ignition happening. It would just dilute the oil - don't want to be injecting fuel that doesn't get burned.

----- Original Message ----- From: "pdooley" <psdooley@VERIZON.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 8:03 PM Subject: Re: Fuel Injectors