Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Feb 2010 11:47:26 -0700
From:         Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Battery to Inverter

As Steve has said, too much inverter for your stated uses I think.

I ran a wire from the + post on my aux. battery set up to fuse #3 in the panel under the left side of the steering column. That powers all the dash "stuff" to aux rather than main. I have the 4 UB wheel chair/motorcycle batteries as aux. I run my laptop using a Kensington Inverter and my Apple 85w Power Adapter.

All this works great for my uses. I also have a Sure Power 1315 Battery Separator in my main bat. box that keeps things charged and balanced. I also recharge my cell phone with this set up without a problem. All this being said, I usually only "park" for about 3 days at a time when camping. I'm not a week to 10 stay-put camper, so my engine is recharging my power usage at that frequency.

Bob Stevens '87 Syncro Westy

At 03:40 PM 2/6/2010, Alex Madison wrote: > >> I am getting ready to install a Xantrex 1000W inverter ... >> > > I would encourage you to try to get by with a much smaller > inverter. Or avoid the inverter altogether.