Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Feb 2010 17:42:54 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Another Westy FS in Texas....by god
Comments: To: miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@GMAIL.COM>

HI Miguel.... what a nice sincere bunch of sharing, about your personal situation vis a vis getting Vanagons.

I pick up non-rusted ones, with good bodies., for not too many big bux.

I did pass up a fine deal on a syncro with leaky cylinder heads a few years ago ... at the time I didn't think I had the cashola to spent on it, and I didn't like the gold metalic color ... plus no sunroof or poptop or anything to make it 'special.'. In retrospect, I 'should' have gotten it back then. That's the wa it goes.

'get 'em while you can' it sounds like you are saying. Sounds like a fine plan to me !!

I like you posting links to interesting deals too. thanks, scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "miguel pacheco" <mundopacheco@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2010 5:35 PM Subject: Re: Another Westy FS in Texas....by god

Scott, I don't know if I'm a 'search vanagons for sale junkie,' but I will tell you that, in my own special, VW addict way, I'm a sign of the times. Presently, the world is crashing all around me, as my real estate ventures tank with the economy. Things are so bad that, as a true VW fanatic, I must buy precious metal before my 750+ rating goes bottom up. Yes, I know what I have fun with so I'm going to stock up on at least one more van and yes, I would even use credit, which has been a no no for many moons (for me.) Can't use cash, that stays under my mattress (protected by Springfield Armory.) This way, I'll have plenty of projects until my credit scores soar once again! In short, that's why I'm looking. These that I post are really not my cup of tea, as I really don't want anything older than 1988. What's more, I'm looking for things unique....to me. Syncro? Hell yes. I have one and want more, but hard to find the right one. 2wds I love for in the city daily driving.....Lots of fun to be had out there. Wishing I had the 2bay garage complete with living quarters, and the living room between the projects....... Miguel

'In heaven all the interesting people are missing.' - Friedrich Nietzsche

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com> wrote: > me thinks ye must be a 'search vanagons for sale' junkie. > but what fun ! > > on this one ... > if the body is really that good, no rust, no serious crash or dent repair > .. > I wouldn't care if it needed a trans rebuild and new head gaskets.. > or all new CV joints. > for the price, a real winner looks to me . > > and fwiw.... > I have seen this over and over and over.. > if it looks really sharp, it's often not that well maintained > mechanically, > odd as that may seem. > > but if that body and all is really as good as it looks, for the price... > screamin' deal, even if mechanical repairs I needed, in my seldom humble > opinion. > > Knew a guy with a green 5 speed diesel westy just like this one once, > thought this mighta been it. > > that guy painted his tail light screws he was such a nut, you could eat > off > the car anywhere, it was that pristine... > but mechanically underneath ..not so hot. > > vanagons be big time fun ! > I am REALLY getting into the shape of them lately. ... > like they are getting 'so classic' that you could not change one line on > them and improve them. > > as an art shape and form ....like a Jag EKE, or a Mercedes 300SL Gullwing. > they just 'look perfect' in form and function...........with time they > just > grow on you, shape wise. > Perfect proportions ....that get better as time goes by. > > beautiful shape, huge functionality and reparability, etc. > I'd even say, 'for what they are' ............they are nigh perfect. > Need engine and perhaps transmission upgrades, wheels and tires etc.. > but the overall function of the body/chassis ... > and the Shape .....flawless execution I say, like Art. > > Scott > www.turbovans.com > ----- Original Message ----- From: "miguel pacheco" > <mundopacheco@GMAIL.COM> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2010 3:00 PM > Subject: Another Westy FS in Texas....by god > > >> Looks nice, or is the bling deceiving me? >> http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1554375756.html >> >> Miguel >> >> 'In heaven all the interesting people are missing.' >> - Friedrich Nietzsche > >