Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:28:17 -0700
From:         Tom Buese <tombuese@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Best battery
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>

On Feb 10, 2010, at 12:51 PM, Scott Daniel - Turbovans wrote:

> There's another one too, with more Cold Cranking Amps - usually > called a 48. > What I want in a vanagon starting battery is one that fits, with the > right > hold-down edge on it, > with the terminals in the right place. > If you look at a list vanagon batteries , you'll see the Diesel > Vanagon has > the most cold cranking amps, around 800 or so. > Same dimensions. That's the one I get. > > about which battery is best by brand .. > I've never thought DieHards were so good at all. Wouldn't even > consider > buying one.

Replaced the Diehard starting battery that came w/ my westy in 2002 last year when I thought it was dying as my westy wouldn't start at times, but it turned out to be a bad ground strap connection & the battery was ok. New battery, an Interstate, courtesy of Richard J. working fine.

I couldn't see the born on date on the Diehard, but assumimg it was new when I bought the westy, that means it lasted for at least 7 years. Not bad! My auxilary battery, the notorious yellow top Optima, has now been in use for almost 4 years, so so far I am bucking all the stories about those going bad early too.

YMMV,

Mr. BZ-group 41, 44, whatever it takes