Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:36:36 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: sliding door escutcheon for 80 to 84
Comments: To: Alan Felder <dieseldoofus@GMAIL.COM>

fancy word their Bro. guess it means this : "an ornamental or protective plate around a keyhole, door handle, drawer pull, light switch, etc."

yes , some early sliding doors sure could use new ones of those all right.

wobbly handle is a little worrisome. Hope it's not cracking or trying to break.

What's really needed on those in my opinion is a less strong spring inside the door ..the one you have overcome with the handle. Lubing extensively inside the door helps some though. I nice feeling early sliding door handle isn't bad. I find the cable needs to be tightened up inside the door often, and with a lot of lubing , they are not that bad, like they were probably not that bad when the vans were new.

Can you get those outside handles from Europe ? - early sliding door outside handles ? thanks, Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan Felder" <dieseldoofus@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 3:12 PM Subject: sliding door escutcheon for 80 to 84