Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Feb 2010 15:28:58 -0500
From:         george jannini <georgejoann@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: who has the best prices on westy Poptop canvas??
Comments: To: Chris S <szpejankowski@gmail.com>

Chris S said,

>> Do yourself a favor and get the best 3-window canvas Bus Depot has to offer. I have seen some cheap alternatives and even tried one myself. They are simply not worth it....<<

What Chris said, Chris.

I was at the same campout he was at, and am a much less happy camper, We have a new Acme Brand (no joke!) canvas, and I'm here to say you that IMO it's a POS, and that 99 out of 100 coyotes would tell you the same thing.

The damned thing is so porous that the bus is no longer airtight, I.E.it's really easy to close the doors now, and you can hear wind noise coming from the top when you're rolling down the road- at first, I thought my skylight was cracked open.

And, to add insult to injury, if the fabric is wet and you touch it, water wicks in, just like it would do when I was a kid using a WWII army surplus pup tent.

On the other hand, if you never actually sleep in your bus, maybe you don't really care. <EG>

George/ATL