Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Feb 2010 10:54:11 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday OT...automatic trannys and driving habits observed

Yeah, I know 'talking rigs' is what many 'campers' in motorhomes do...And I know "Mom" loves her Corian counter top, but she hates the fact that her washer and dryer will only hold half a real load and that the motorhome only has 3 pop-outs, not four...but I must be in the place where there IS some disconnect from driver to vehicle because I can hear them for at least a couple of miles as they pass by on a quiet night....Some of them must have nervous leg syndrom because I hear the "Swooosh....Roarrrrr" as they mash the pedal, then they let right off, then "flushhhhhh!" as they dump another gallon of diesel into the big Cat...and then..."quiet" again....all the way past... And not just every now and again.....most of the big ones sound like that, between shifts.."Throttle contron" must be left right out of the operator's manual.. A surprising number of owners of the big ones have air horns mounted, too..and they like to say "Bye bye" to all their pals as they head out with a couple of long blasts on those... Cute.

Don Hanson