Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Feb 2010 21:39:06 -0800
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [WetWesties] Re: [T2] $50 dollar rustoleum/tremclad paint job
              pictures?
Comments: To: Greg Potts <greg@pottsfamily.ca>

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Greg Potts <greg@pottsfamily.ca> wrote: >...

> http://www.pottsfamily.ca/VW_type2/Tremclad/

> Spraying is better than using a roller, but a > brush and roller can get good enough results if you are careful, and > there's less overspray. Spraying also uses a LOT less paint. > > There are also different grades of enamel.

> Since being hired by a national sign industry supply company in 2008 I > have discovered there are better options in enamel out there. One-Shot > brand sign-maker's enamel can be had for about $30/qt. Yes, it's > expensive, but One-Shot has better pigments and a higher UV resistance > than tremclad. It also flows better from a brush and has a higher > surface tension to help prevent sags and orange-peel. It can be used as > supplied with a brush and roller or thinned out and sprayed if you prefer. > > http://www.1shot.com/home.html

Hey Greg.

I like that Teal!

Speaking of brushes, I brushed BASF Limco on my tubbed engine cover. You can see the strokes a little but even w/o sanding it doesn't look half bad.

As with the One Shot stuff, I think the consistency of the paint helped. (being able to mix it helps I'm sure)

Didn't know of the One Shot product. Thanks for the link.

Neil.

-- Neil Nicholson '81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco"

http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines