Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Feb 2010 11:03:15 -0800
From:         dylan <insyncro@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: to GL or not GL.. which is the question?Re: interesting gl
              for              sale ... not mine
Comments: To: JordanVw@AOL.COM

I agree with Chris here. I own and have owned many "Carat" and "Multivan" editions from 90 and 91. They do not have the GL distinction or labelling on them. Conversly the 90 and 91 Syncro Westfalias were labelled GL. The Carat and Multis are sought after and I feel the most practical interior that you can have in a Vanagon. My favorite base model to build up is the 90 and 91 Syncro. The Carat interior is an easy swap and all the factory mounts for the rear facing seats are there. The Multi van has a similar layout with added Westy top and cabinetry behind the rear seat. Upstairs and downstairs sleeping is very nice. Most of the Multis were ordered with an automatic transmission, but all that I have owned were 4 speeds. Same with the Carat editions I have kept. Ok, with that said. The van in the original post has the multivan interior layout but is missing the fiberglass skirts between the bumpers  and has the early rear hatch door without the recessed center VW logo. Was there a Multivan GL offered anywhere else in the world? I don't know, I'm asking. Just recently I have verified that Coach and Magnum editions vans were location specific. I have had numerous conflicting answers to my questions. Possibly an early Multivan was available somewhere else in the world and it has made its way here. I feel $7000 was fair for what it is. A 90 or 91 Multivan in pastle white and a 4 speed in excellent condition would go for three times that. If you have one, let me know. dylan   ________________________________ From: "JordanVw@AOL.COM" <JordanVw@AOL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Sun, February 21, 2010 12:32:43 PM Subject: to GL or not GL.. which is the question?Re: interesting gl for sale ... not mine In a message dated 2/21/2010 12:12:21 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, wolzphoto@Q.COM writes: Actually, it's a Multivan GL.  Rear lid says so.  As I  understand it, GL is a trim designation and Mustivan is a buildout  type.  My Westy is a GL, too. Karl, the Multivans were badged like carats, they simply said "vanagon" and then under that it said "multivan". i have a '90 multivan . it just says "vanagon"  then "multivan" under  the vanagon badge.    no GL badge.. check others - i think you will find that they are badged the same.. chris