Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Feb 2010 22:48:41 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: wives and vanagons...rant... LOL
Comments: To: Mark A Kippert <vanagon@KIPPERT.COM>

well............ let's just hope there is not any form of parent/child or boss/flunky dynamic going on.

That would be unfortunate. But different strokes for different folks of course. 'Co-creative' is the dynamic to strive for, I suggest. - In whatever form that may take.

it's not even Fridae either !

Scott, freely in possession of 14 vanagons, a Eurovan, couple 'o Benzes, a turbo Volvo sedan 'Inga' ...and a few other wheeled things. 23 total.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark A Kippert" <vanagon@KIPPERT.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 5:13 PM Subject: Re: wives and vanagons...rant... LOL

It would seem that she's in control, but she's the voice of reason. I bought the Eurovan as a project 3 years ago, put a lot of work into it for 14 months, then lost interest in it because it just wasn't a rear engine VW van. So the Weekender and parts van sit languishing in the back yard, a monument to my inability to complete a project.

October '08 I acquired my '86 GL and the real addiction took over. I told my wife that since I lost interest in the Eurovans I'd sell them. She says OK with a hint of doubt in her eyes.

I now have 3 VW vans.

December '09 I buy an '87 parts van. Doesn't go over well so I reaffirm my promise to sell the Eurovans. She says fine, but nothing else until the Eurovans are gone.

I now have 4 VW vans.

July '09 I buy a '96 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1500. "But it's not a VW" I said. Once again I promise to get rid of the Eurovans. I don't think she believes me.

Oddly I forgot to mention that I bought the '90 Carat in July '09. It sets at Jeff's VW Repair until January '10.

I now have 5 VW vans.

Thankfully I gut the '87 for all it's good parts last fall and ass it on to a fellow list member. This appeases her some but I haven't worked up the nerve to tell her about the Carat.

Down to just 4 VW vans.

Finally in January this year I spill my guts about the Carat 'cause I need to get out of Jeff's place. This doesn't go over well but she didn't go ballistic. Once again I reaffirm my promise to get rid of the Eurovans.

I'm thinking I better follow through this time.

Glad she loves me!

Mark K 1986 GL/2WD/4SPD "Old Gold" 1990 Carat/2WD/Auto "Carol"