Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:13:36 -0800
From:         Donna Skarloken <dskarloken@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: wives and vanagons...rant... LOL
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com>

My life with the darn Vanagons began when I had a baby. In a manner very similar to the lady in the current Toyota Sienna commercial, I wanted nothing to do with minivans - too uncool. Aside from foreign cars, we were a Chrysler family (and my uncle was a Ford person/family). So my dad suggests a Chrysler minivan, which were quite popular at that time. I couldn't get with the program on that, but was tired of trying to change a diaper and bring a stroller in my Scirocco. I thought I should look at the Chrysler to at least be open minded and fair. I dilly-dallied and wanted to keep my Scirocco. In the meantime, my dad went to the local VW dealer to get parts or something (we have owned a 1973 Thing since 1977, among other Dubs), and he starts looking at a 1986 Vanagon GL with a few miles on it; the service managed was driving it and it was used as a "demonstrator." He told my dad to take it home and drive around for a few days, so he did. We made sure to drive it up the Altamont pass east of the bay area to make sure we didn't have to crawl up the hill, and then my dad bought it. That van ran like a top. So the next year I finally gave in and bought my Wolfsburg.

P.S. to Tim in Aachen - my Dad was able to visit Aachen, but not under the best circumstances; that was in the Fall of 1944. Donna, 87 Syncro On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com> wrote: