Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:14:51 -0500
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: wives and vanagons...rant... LOL
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@gmail.com>

Anyone with a very nice bike that's not in use can send it my way! : ) My main mode of transportation is a 1980s Hard Rock Single Speed Mountain bike with one gear, front brakes only, and a blinking red light. But it gets me where i need to be and saves me money daily (though it is a piece of junk!).

My vanagon is finally to a point where i won't hesitate to drive across the country with no planning. Heck, i've done it!

One observation though, in regards to this thread..... Young people of today love the vanagon! I'm a college student and i can't begin to guess just how many times i've met someone thats said something along the lines of "aren't you that dude that drives that bus with the skull on the roof?". My generation loves them! I've never been married and thus can't touch on the relationship between wives and vanagons..... but i would think that in general, it could go one of two ways: Having something you can share and enjoy together.... or it could be something that brings them apart as one party constantly works on making their vanagon road worthy. Maybe it levels out once you get to the point where everything works?

-Craig '85GL turned WESTY BOSTIG in the back Serious thoughts about syncro