Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Feb 2010 08:41:28 -0500
From:         pdooley <psdooley@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: testing Hall sender
Comments: To: Raymond Paquette <raymondpaquette@GMAIL.COM>

I would do some more checking before buying a coil. Coils rarely fail.

1987 Syncro, 2.1

Okay, what I get with this test is:

no spark no sound from injectors (that I can hear-is it reasonably loud?) fuel pump cycles on and off at consistent points in the engine revolution

suggestions?

My coil is not to the specs in Bentley: 2 ohms primary, Bentley says it should be (0.5-0.8) 3000 ohms secondary, which is in the Bentley range

I'd just run out and get a new coil, except that I already got a new coil, and it matches the specs on my old coil. But it was "Wells" brand from Autozone (yes I'm an idiot, no need to tell me). I figure that it's fairly likely that I got the wrong coil or a bad one.

I guess that I need a coil, but am concerned that I didn't hear the injectors firing when I did Ken's test. Is the coil somehow involved?

Ray