Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:11:51 -0800
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fwd: Installing Volvo Front Seats
Comments: To: Annie <lsandrsn@GMAIL.COM>

I installed seats from a '93 Eurovan in my '87 Westy.  Seat height increased by about 1" and I found that acceptable.  Don't know if there are heated versions out there, what year vans you might find them in or how much trouble they would be to convert but the EV ones have armrests and are much more comfortable than even the low-mileage, low-wear original Westy seats in my van.  If you have a non-Westy Vanagon you might not notice any height difference in the EV seats.  Westy seat bottoms are made thinner for use on the swivels, which eat up some of the vertical room between the seat pedestals and the ceiling.  Vans without the swivels don't have that problem.   The EV seats required fairly simple surgery to the seat to remove the "turned down" edges of the rails in order for the rails to fit the Vanagon seat tracks.   Also, there is at least one thread on thesamba.com about installing heating elements in Vanagon seats, so this may be a suitable alternative to fitting seats from a different vehicle if the only thing you want is heat, and not the additional improvement in comfort and fit as well.   Stephen