Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 27 Feb 2010 00:48:05 +0000
From:         Bill Shawley <easywind1975@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday topic: MP3s in a vanagon?
Comments: To: dhanson928@gmail.com

You'll get a lot of replies but here is my opinion, there is a reason the Ipod is the number one selling mp3 player, it is just too easy to use. The Itunes software (gratis of course) is top-notch for ease of use and maintenance of an audio library. I bought my first Ipod used on ebay, it still works (10 gb), since then I've got a Nano and now an Ipod touch. I have a 500 cd collection which Itunes faithfully "ripped" into mp3 format, the last CD I bought was in 2005 at a concert. My current audio collection is 30,000 songs. I buy all digital now from emusic, Itunes, and amazon. Buy a used Nano, you can't go wrong and the investment will be minimal.

As far as getting this angelic Ipod to make music in your van the sky is the limit.... right now I have an FM modulator which plugs into the headphone jack of the ipod and plays over the radio (the hard-wired kind that cuts off the FM antenna when in use). I just picked up a cheap Sony stereo bundle at Walmart for $50 on clearance, it has a remote, aux input and two sets of speakers. If you want to pony up the dough you can get a new car stereo that "docks" with the ipod and controls its functions and stuff, I have one of these in my everyday car and it is cool, it does charge the ipod, but I was very content with the cassette adapter I used to use (despite the ghetto appearance).

Go download itunes right now ( www.itunes.com ) and start playing with it and ripping your audio collection into digital format, you won't regret it and you don't need an Ipod to appreciate the utility of itunes.

For those looking for a bargain goto Walmart autmotive section and ask if they have any of those Sony car stereo bundles leftover from Christmas, they are marked down to $50 come with a set of 6 1/2 speakers and 6x9 speakers > Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 15:08:53 -0800 > From: dhanson928@GMAIL.COM > Subject: Friday topic: MP3s in a vanagon? > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > > OK, can someone bring me into century 2000 when it comes to music players > suitable for various enviornments? I have a CD changer, a Mini-disc player, > a good sound reproducing amplifier in both house and van but I know nothing > of digital players like everyone seems to be using now. Do I just go get an > MP3 player from Best Buy or Wal Mart and plug that into my current stuff? Do > I have to buy an I-pod (whatever that is) and then re-purchase every song I > like? How do I get music I have on other mediums to go into a computer file > so I can send it around to all my various mechanical reproducers in Van and > home? > Can you buy software to convert recorded music to MP 3 playable format? > Is there a good site anyone can suggest that would be worthwhile for me to > learn this stuff from? Should I just go to Fry's electronics or Car toys > and listen to a salesman's rap? Help, lost in the world of CDs and records > and tapes... > Don Hanson _________________________________________________________________ Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft’s powerful SPAM protection. http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469226/direct/01/