Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Feb 2010 21:31:36 -0500
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday topic: MP3s in a vanagon?
Comments: To: Don Hundt <dhundt@bendbroadband.com>

That ones a really long story.... But the shortest i can come up with would be:

100+ mile sailing race with a friend on a 30ft boat. We were in a double's devision, so just the two of us..... On delivery to the race start line, we had engine problems and had to turn back. While turning back, i tried to fix the problems, which were in the fuel water seperator. I kept cleaning the filter into a bucket, which ended up in the sink. When the freak storm hit us and we were both really busy for the next 20 or so hours, someone took the bucket and emptied it, the sink strainer was in place, so we had a sink full of gasoline (And no motor, an exhausted short handed crew, and too much sail STUCK up. We measured 37Knot winds before the wind guage physically broke off). How the ipod and my waterproof phone made it into the sink, probably old habbit. On my boat, i always store them in the sink (which is always dry). My phone suffered no damage, but smelled strongly of gasoline for weeks.

-Craig '85GL turned WESTY '76 Chrysler 26ft Sailboat