Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Feb 2010 21:57:22 -0700
From:         miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday topic: MP3s in a vanagon?
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com>

A really, really good place for your question is your local radio shack, or the place that sells car decks. That way you don't cause a bunch of sword fights! Miguel

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 9:49 PM, miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@gmail.com> wrote: > Thing is, you DON'T NEED an mp3 player to eliminate playing cds in > your van. Just get a head unit for your van that has a usb adapter. > Make a small hole in your ashtray and run the usb through this. On you > home pc, you can transfer music onto a flashdrive, then just plug in > the flashdrive to the usb on your head unit. You can then control the > content of the flashdrive with the normal controls on your head unit. > You also don't need to replace your music, just download your cds into > itunes, or some such, then transfer them onto the flashdrive. > Miguel > > I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. >  - Thomas A. Edison > > > > On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 8:14 PM, Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com> wrote: >> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 6:54 PM, neil n <musomuso@gmail.com> wrote: >> >>> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Don Hanson <dhanson928@gmail.com> wrote: >>> >   Can you buy software to convert recorded music to MP 3 playable format? >>> > Is there a good site anyone can suggest that would be worthwhile for me >>> to >>> > learn this stuff from? >>> >> >> Google 'rip vinyl' and you will find a bunch of options if you are loking to >> convert old records (78s, 45s or 33 1/3) to digital formats.  Right now >> Costco has one full setup complete with turntable for $90 shipped.  There >> are other options.  I've used a couple of the software packages that can be >> downloaded, don't remember which was the best right now.  Similar software >> is available for existing music on tape also. >> >