Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Mar 2010 08:42:44 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: High top

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 8:04 AM, Gregoire Blachon <g.blachon@gmail.com>wrote:

> I had one few years ago, > Now i have a westy and i realized that hard top is very good. > > *pros:* > > 1/ you can park in the middle of a city and sleep 4 people with discretion > (you > don't have to pop the top and then get kicked because it looks like a > camping spot or something like that) > > 2/ For a big trip you can store a LOT of things in the top rear AND > overhead front compartment thing that you can't do with the westy! > > 3/ Stiff roof, it's like a house! very good insulation ( the roof is made > of > 2in foam sandwiched by glassfiber resin) >

Another Pro:

Sound.....Having a Westie with it's pop top canvas sides you can hear your noisy neighbors and are susceptible to gusty wind noise. I have a tin top Van with a westie inside and it's much quieter inside than both of my pop-top pick up campers.

That top looks to be a nice one. It looks like it would make a vanagon into a pretty good mini-RV. But as Gregiore says, it would subtract drivebility and fuel economy from a 'low-profile' Westie or Vanagon. Don Hanson