Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Mar 2010 14:59:40 -0600
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Friday question
Comments: To: Neil2 <vidublu@GMAIL.COM>

You might be surprised to learn that as many men as women are incompetent with a stick shift. I have groups of inlaws where no one in the family can or has ever even attempted to drive a stick shift. In general, they all say that it's too much trouble, why bother, especially when any car they'd want to drive otherwise has an automatic anyway. Of course, they mean a soft, cushy sedan or minivan. Even their pickups (as are most btw) are automatic. Go figger. DMc

---- Neil2 <vidublu@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > My ex was typical ("you can drive" [except on long trips], safer, no > accidents in or out of the auto) but also typical in that she couldn't do a > stick and could easily nick the bumper in a tight space (the spatial thing). > All in all just as good a driver as myself but . . . I just added (Can > drive a standard transmission.) to my dream sheet. I love sticks! The few > women I've found driving sticks are quite capable of everything VW. That > being said, any female who is competent behind the wheel is welcome, IMO. > > On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@gmail.com> wrote: > > > I do all of the driving. We like it that way - she can sleep or read and I > > can lose myself in the road and some good music. > > > > It also works because she doesn't like to drive and I love it* - *the > > longer > > the trip the better. > > > > However, if I were tired of otherwise unable to drive I'd have no fear in > > her taking the driver's seat. > > > > > > > > -- > > Thanks, > > > > Jeff > > '90 Carat (Grover) > > '86 (We call this one Parts) > > '78 Bus (Melissa) Patty's Bus > > > > > > -- > Neil2 > '82 Diesel Westfalia (USS Tinosa) > '86 Vanagon/Westfalia Wannabe (SaVannah) > Nunquam Pendite Divendium