Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Mar 2010 19:08:15 -0800
From:         Courtney Hook <courtneyhook@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Oil Pump Leak Advice
Comments: To: Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>

Greg, an old trick to getting a prime with type 1 engines, is Vaseline. Pack it into the pump, and it will prime right away; then the heat of the oil as it warms up will melt the vaseline. Thought I'd pass it on; I've used this trick many times to prime a very high performance 2276CC Type 1 engine for my bug. Take care, Courtney

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Potts" <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2010 7:01 PM Subject: Re: Oil Pump Leak Advice