Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Mar 2010 20:45:10 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Priming the oil pump
Comments: To: greentabe-vanagon@YAHOO.COM

that's a good trick or suggestion .... overfilling the oil temporarily.

about letting one sit without oil in it - In general these days .........I never drain oil out of an engine and let it sit draining, like overnight. I find that and confuse the hydraulic lifters some, and perhaps create an oil pump priming issue.

and it never hurts to pre-fill the oil filter. I do that on all newly assembled engines for sure. For just a normal oil change, not usually.

I'm still curious if the poster who swapped maybe just oil pump gears and the cover plate, put the ultra thin gasket under the cover plate. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tabe Johnson" <greentabe-vanagon@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2010 8:22 PM Subject: Priming the oil pump