Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Mar 2010 14:42:51 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Are Vanagons pretty?
Comments: To: Annie <lsandrsn@gmail.com>

hi. ( shoot fridaye is long past ! ) You are very close on my personal choice for one of the best ever, if not the best ever, American car designs... which I say is the 1963 Corvette Stingray Split-Window Coupe.

Only one year for that split rear window too. A 'perfect shape' and a very American shape in my opinion., And man, does the Stubaker Hawk ...the first version ... purely for the shape - that deserves a major Honorable Mention as one of the best american car designs ever too.

the Car of the Century was the Porsche 911 I believe.

Scott www.turobvans.com ----- Original Message ----- From: Annie To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans Cc: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2010 1:29 PM Subject: Re: Are Vanagons pretty?

To the best of my knowledge, the Car of the Century - that won the #1 spot - was not a 60's era vehicle. In fact, only 1 of the top 5 was even American made and it was not a 60's era.

The #1 car? Ford Model T followed by the Mini, The Citroen DS, Volkswagen Beetle and Porsche 911.

But I'm guessing the car you're talking about is a 63-67 Corvette, which did make the list, but not anywhere in the top 5.

~Annie