Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Mar 2010 18:30:34 -0800
From:         Joel Cort <joel_cort@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: How many Vanagons were sold in Russia?
Comments: To: Andrew Grebneff <goose1047@GMAIL.COM>

Hi, I went to Moscow for a week, a few years back.  What a great place.  It reminded me of New York City and Paris. I saw a few Vanagons, a few EVs and lots of new T5.  My hotel had a T5 Syncro transporter as the limo to drive people around. I even saw an old splitty still being used as a delivery van.  There was a EV armored to be a brinks truck transporting money.  I even captured a Vanagon Syncro transporter right in town.  Everyone must of thought that I was a spy taking random pictures of cars driving by. Throughout the rest of Europe every one runs on Diesel fuel.  Not in Russia all the cars were gasoline powered just like in the US.  Lots of Audi A8s and BMW 7x along with the Mercedes....like all the cars here.  Not as many japonese cars though. Now what was really neat was the Harley Davidson dealer / yard / party house. Let me know and I will find the pictures if interested. Hey I also went to India that year and saw one lonely old VW bug amongst the jitneys, scooters, elephants and cows.  The bug was still on the road and moving along.  Happy Camping, Joel Cort Rochester NY jcort@rochester.rr.com joel_cort@yahoo.com 89 Syncro Westy (VanGo) 87 Syncro Transporter (Stella) 73 Westy Campmobile (Agent Orange) Western New York LiMBO Representative www.limbobus.org Founding member of the Empire State VW Camping Club www.empirevwcamping.org Westies@Watkins IX is set for October 7-8-9-10, 2010 www.westies-at-watkins.org ________________________________ From: Andrew Grebneff <goose1047@GMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Sun, February 28, 2010 6:47:33 PM Subject: Re: How many Vanagons were sold in Russia? I went to Moscow and Tula Russia a few years ago.  I don't recall seeing many Vanagons.  I did see a lot of the UAZ Soviet vans.  To me they look a lot like the bay window busses. > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/38874331@N00/3820640965/ Urk... looks like a Split mated with a Commer. There were Split lookalikes made in East Germany and India... even had the waistline bulge. -- Regards Andrew Grebneff Dunedin New Zealand Fossil preparator Mollusc, Toyota & VW van fan