Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Mar 2010 02:20:52 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: I'm outa touch too (Was AATransaxle Out Of Touch For A While)
Comments: To: Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>

Jim, sorry to hear of this. Too much of this heart business going around. My sister-in-law just had two stints and an angioplasty done. Me eldest son - age 45 - just had angio done and a small restriction was found. No action taken, but meds, diet and lifestyle changes were the doctors orders. Couple of years ago I was slammed into the hosp. for heart attack - spent 6 days in there while they ran all the tests and found absolutely nothing. Luck of the draw I guess for which I'm grateful. Good luck with your angio. Hope you are clear.

John Rodgers Clayartist and Moldmaker 88'GL VW Bus Driver Chelsea, AL Http://www.moldhaus.com

Old Volks Home wrote: > In addition to Daryl, I will be outa touch for an undetermined amount of > time. Less than 8 hours from now I go into Ventura Community Memorial > Hospital for a "routine" Angiogram. The last "routine" Angiogram turned > into an Open Heart 4 way bypass session. Hope it doesn't turn into that > again, keeping the fingers crossed. Heart's skipping beats and the > cardiologist wants a "better view" than the stress-echo (dreadmill) a couple > of weeks ago. > > So I celebrated this event by purchasing a new toy today - a 75 914 1.8. > Damn, they're fun to drive. > > Vanagon Content: I did attend the annual VW/Porsche Toy & Literature show > yeaterday and purchased 3 tiny Vanagon toys just under 2" long from Rich > Kimball. An Orange Doka with a Tilt Cover and Emergency Light on top of the > cab, a Tornado Red Vanagon Syncro and a Beige Vanagon Taxi. Made by Rocco. > All come with teensy black outside mirrors on a parts tree that will take a > jeweler's magnifier and tweezers to install. They'll stay in the box, I'm > not brave enough nor are my eyes that good to do that ;) > Keep The Faith..... > -- > Jim Thompson > 84 GL 1.9 "Gloria" > 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" > 72 411 Station Wagon "Pug" > 75 914 1.8 (No Name Yet) > Full Timing Since March 1999 > oldvolkshome@gmail.com > http://www.oldvolkshome.com > *********************************** > On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 8:37 AM, Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com> wrote: > > >> Daryl (AATransaxle) asked me to let the various lists know that he will be >> out of touch for a few weeks while he and the doctors deal with a medical >> issue. So if he isn't answering emails be patient. He'll get back to you >> when he can. >> >> > > >