Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:55:34 -0500
From:         Mark A Kippert <vanagon@KIPPERT.COM>
Subject:      '84 GL on craigslist in Indiana

Found this on craigslist. It's in Columbus Indiana. <http://bloomington.craigslist.org/cto/1624889086.html>

I've been emailing the owner and he sent exterior pics. The body is nice and appears to be rust free. He's sending interior pics soon. Seems like a nice van. I can't afford it right now, nor do I want to sleep in the dog house.

I've told him that I'm inquiring for a friend, which I was, but they're no longer interested. While it's about an 30/45 minutes away, I'd love an excuse to go look at it, so if someone wants me to check it out for them I'd be happy to.

I've copy/pasted some of our email conversation:

> (3/3/10) The body is in great cond. No rust. No camper just vanagon. Inside great cond. seats 7 people all seatbelts.Color is tan and it is all stock.I have owned it for 7 yrs & brought it from my nefhew. I have 3 over cars & trucks so to many vech. I am taking pics later today. If still interested let me know I am sending pics out tonight. > >> >> (3/6/10) I think it is over heating, as soon as you start it the temp. gauge goes up & the red light comes on, I didn't let it run long enough to get hot. The clucth is strong, as sooon as it gets axp 1/2 inc to 1 inch off floor it engages. A guy I know that works on VW done the work. The last 2 yrs, New head gasket, headscleaned at a car shop,starter,battery,alternter , the inside is great all stock, no body or paint damage. I will for sure take pics tomorrow&send,by around noon.I know I have all ready got this priced cheap,but I got 2 trucks,car,motorcycle. Anyway I would drop to 800.00 the way it is. I can start it & let you check it&I do have a car dolly I can haul it if it not to far from Columbus. > >>> (3/10/10) I will try and take inside pics today and send tonight. I' been a sick so if I don't get pic's today, forsure on thrus. I mentioned towing because of overheating. The inside looks better than outside. >>> >

Mark K 1986 GL/2WD/4SPD "Old Gold" 1990 Carat/2WD/Auto "Carol"