Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Mar 2010 13:25:33 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      "Kitchen" table in Westies?

Can someone point me to a picture, diagram, whatever, of how the swing out table is supposed to work? I got my interior 2nd hand from a Westie and have it installed into my low top van. When I got the interior it came with a "homemade" POS table set-up...the one that swivels out on the driver's side just behind the stove/sink/fridge cabinet. The one that came with my second hand interior was so crudely made that I guess I just tossed it out without paying much attention..Can't even find it anymore, but now I'd like a working table, I think. But they are silly-expensive to buy the whole deal on the Samba, etc..so I want to make one. It is supposed to 'cover' those two flip-open hatches, when it is not deployed as a table, by pivoting on some kind of "leg" that fits through the hole in that lower cabinet. I have the clamping sleeve and the knob plus a "base" bracket down on the floor of the van where I guess some part of the table leg is supposed to land. I am supposing there must be a 'telescoping' arrangement of some sort so that you can raise up the table and pivot it across the interior perpendicular to the side of the van and then lock it in place. I am handy with tools so I just need to see one, a picture of one, or a sketch or description of how to.... to fabricate a working copy for my own van. Or if someone around Portland, Or. has a cheap table leg set-up they'd be willing to off..that would work, too. thanks, Don Hanson