Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Mar 2010 13:15:20 -0700
From:         mark drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Revs per mile , was: 15" VS. 16' WHEELS

Sorry John, the manufacturers know the revs/mile from actual testing. No math trumps real world counting. Michelin gives revs/mile at 45 mph. Various errors can come into play because tires of the "same" nominal size actually vary quite bit but have to be assigned whatever nominal size they are closest to.

The size 195/75R14 is closer to stock than the 185/75R14. Stock size depends, as 185R14C and 205/70R14 were both stock sizes in North America. 195/75R14 fits between them in revs/mile.

Mark