Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:47:30 -0400
From:         Edward Maglott <emaglott3@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Leaking Torque Converter Seal

It's leaking again. A few years ago it started leaking when I tried to climb an extended grade in D rather than 2 after a day of hot driving. Full throttle, ~3200rpms. I don't do that anymore. Anyway, I bought a "snake oil" product called "no leak" from the Gold Eagle Co. and dang if it didn't work! So this has been a cold winter and I haven't driven the van much until a nice little trip this weekend, maybe 150 miles with some mtn climbing on the way home. The leak is not as bad as the time several years ago, but it is dripping too much to stand. I'm going to first try this miracle product on it again. If that doesn't work, the next step is to replace that Torque Converter seal. I've pulled the trans out before, but what would I need to do to replace that seal, other than actually replacing it? Do I need to do anything to the TC mating surface?

Thanks, Edward