Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:16:22 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Removing door panels, was Dynamat
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

Pulling the interior panels is another good place to use your handy dandy Dandelion garden tool...the one you have to remove your axle-nut caps and to help you pry off sticky hoses and fuel lines.

You can find em in any hardware store in the garden section...these are essentially very wide 'screw drivers' with a ready made notch in the middle and they have a very convenient angle tip for prying (or cutting off a Dandelion stem below the lawn surface, if you have a lawn and care about it's Dandelions) off the panel retaining 'buttons' with equal up-force under both sides of the head. The rounded corners and smooth thin blade are easy to get behind the panel without harming the covering or cutting the moisture barrier.

Don Hanson