Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:24:42 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Propane & Dynamat, etc.
Comments: To: Gerald Masar <azsun99@EARTHLINK.NET>

I have bits of that horse stall rubber. (live on a farm , horses etc) it is at least 3/4 thick, and heavy rubber.

it looks like it would be a great heavy duty floor in van... until... you ... smell ... it

woof!

in the stalls, after hay/woodchips layed down over it, and after some use by horses :), no smell problem, but the scraps in have in the workshop still smell so rubbery after 10 years. maybe if i let it weather outside...

alistair

On 17-Mar-10, at 11:42 AM, Gerald Masar wrote:

Sounds like a dangerous combination, but anyway, yesterday, I stopped at the local feed and tack store. Okay, this is rural northern Arizona, where horses, cattle, dogs & RV's rule. They sell propane, so it took 3.1 gallons to fill my left-side tank, a little more than normal, at $2.99 per gallon. Then into the store for 30# of dog food. But they also sell these big sheets of heavy dense black material for horse stalls and horse trailers. Looks like something that could be used to deaden sound in a Vanagon, except it is about 3/4" thick and not too flexible. Still, maybe on the flat floor or over the engine compartment. Jerry

----- Original Message ----- From: "Loren Busch" <starwagen@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:46 AM Subject: Re: Vanagon Propane Tank Rated Size