Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:07:00 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Leaking Torque Converter Seal - Note to Jim A.
Comments: To: Jim Akiba <syncrolist@BOSTIG.COM>

Hey Jim, good to hear you are making great progress on this issue !!

however.. re In the meantime > though Scott, I'd appreciate, and I'm sure the other guys here at > Bostig would appreciate a bit more accuracy and care in your > statements to the list about the nature of problems you are > representing for us.

What did I write that does not seem accurate or repsonsible to you ???

As far as I know, I only reported what I read that you said .. that you have had issues with your Zetec conversion and auto trans Torque Converter seal leaks. I sure didn't mean to make you or your company look bad or anything like that. My intention was to say that this one area can be 'tricky'..........the TC oil seal - and here is one example....what you are digging into and firguring out currently.

Anything wrong with that ? Being a bit overly senstiive perhaps ?

I do make a point of being careful about what I write. and heck Jim ... I have a;ways said about Zetec conversions that I bet they work pretty well. About all I ever hear is 'they work' and people are very pleased with them. Am I'm very glad to hear that you are identifying some high faulure rate rebuilt torque converter companies etc. Right on Dide !

sincerely, Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Akiba" <syncrolist@BOSTIG.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 11:21 PM Subject: Re: Leaking Torque Converter Seal