Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:13:20 EDT
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: deep cycle: best place to put? best size?

In a message dated 17/03/2010 1:48:33 P.M. Central Standard Time (Me, LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM writes:

Exactly, this is the set up I'm using along with an 85 a/h Costco Kirkland lead acid deep cycle battery under the rear seat, heater has been removed. Been working well all winter down here in Mexico. 130 watt solar panel has helped to keep the batteries charges but this winter in Mexico has seen many pretty cloudy days so the solar had it's work cut out for it. Once those 174 a/h of batteries drain down past 11 v and the Waco fridge is running it's a chore to get the batteries charged back up. Some day the engine had to be started to get the charge back. We only could get some sun on the panel after 9 am and by 5 pm the sun was pretty well down in the horizon. AND, that was on a good day, not a partly cloudy or mostly cloudy or really cloudy day ! Weird weather patters on the Mexican West coast this year to be sure, but that's a WHOLE 'nother subject. See our blog at _www.westfaliatravels.com_ (http://www.westfaliatravels.com) for more details !

BTW, I got my UB12220's in San Jose, CA from _www.bateryspec.com_ (http://www.bateryspec.com)