Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:13:12 -0400
From:         mordo <helmut.blong@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Somewhat urgent help requested

Citizens,

I have experienced a very inconvenient power window failure that has left both window inoperable and the passenger side completely open. Obviously, I can't secure the van like this. I'm not near tools or Bentley.

This morning when I left the house, the driver's side would not operate. It has been a dicky switch for sometime. Hard to get it to operate consistently without a lot of wiggling. So, I opened the pax side halfway for the morning drive. This afternoon with temp at 70F, I rolled the pax side down all the way. Now, it won't roll up.

So, is there a single fuse for the lift motors? What position? it does indicate on the cover. Checked all fuses, replaced number 10 (from pax side) and I think number 14. When I rock the pax side switch I can hear a faint chuk, chuk from the motor but no action.

Any recommended next troubleshooting steps?

Thanks in advance, gang.

-- mordo 1990 Carat