Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Mar 2010 23:16:23 -0400
From:         pdooley <psdooley@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: .................... and vanagons (friday post with little
              Vanagon)
Comments: To: Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>

You would need a power assist system to disengage the pressure plate springs on a Vanagon. Motorcycle clutch springs are much lighter and can therefore be actuated by hand over a reasonable distance. Cars require the oomph of your leg, or a 2 foot long throw for enough mechanical advantage. I guess you could devise a pneumatic solenoid or a maybe a linear stepper motor to push the slave cylinder lever. Sensitivity may a challenge to prevent herky jerky starts from a standstill.