Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Mar 2010 16:53:56 -0500
From:         Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Paradigm Shift

Well, just wanted to say thanks to the list for all the support and encouragement that is found here. I have asked a few questions on the list that I could have eventually found the answers to myself, but due to limited knowledge of this vehicle(not so much nowadays) and my desire to get out on the road more, I have taken the easy way out at times and counted on others for the answers. I'm self-employed and 43 years old as of a few days ago. No pity party, but had to go to hospital on Thursday and escaped :-) on Saturday(darn gall bladder and pancreas). My Dad died 10 years ago from pancreatic cancer. Seems stress, bad diet, and too many beers can get to you after awhile. My second kid graduates from college in May, so I'll be paying off their tuition for a few more years and then things will lighten up a little. For now, I'm commitiing to let the small stuff go by and try to spend more time camping and working smarter, not harder. Just wanted to put it out there that all I looked forward to was getting home and fixing my brakes, Royal Purpling my tranny, checking the list emails and getting outside near the water(oh, yeah and spending time with the spouse). That's what keeps me going.

Thanks again.

Happy Trails! Michael in San Antonio 91GL AT 'Gringo' 73 Beetle

P.S. Trying to get the van in tip-top shape for a trip to Napa in April 2011 for 25th wedding anniversary. Women are soooo picky :-)